Recipe by DoryJean54
Love gravy, but hate fat? Try this light alternative.....
Top Review by Garden Gate Kate
Recipe #77787 provided the a high-quality homemade turkey stock essential for Guiltless Turkey Gravy. Also, I added 2 teaspoons of Better Than Bouillon Organic Chicken Base for a deeper poultry flavor. I used chilled store-bought chicken broth for the water in the cornstarch slurry. Since the first slurry did not sufficiently thicken the gravy to my preference (I like a thick sauce), an additional three tablespoons of cornstarch dissolved in an equal amount of cold broth produced a creamy rich gravy. Thank you, DoryJean54, for a gravy gobbled up by gratified Thanksgiving guests.
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 cups turkey broth, and defatted pan juices (whatever you lack in pan juices, make up for in stock)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan over medium heat, bring stock and pan juices to a boil.
- Meanwhile, blend the cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Working constantly, slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the boiling pan juices, continue to stir until gravy has thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.