I could eat tons of this, and I do. You can also use canned asparagus, but this is amazing with the fresh (and yes, more expensive) stuff.
- In a large pan (preferably non-stick), combine the asparagus with 1/2 cup of water and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, until the asparagus is tender but crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and run under cold water to cool and stop the cooking process.
- In a food processor, blitz the asparagus, salsa, cilantro and garlic.
- Add the scallions, and pulse several times until chunky/smooth (as you prefer).
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Refrigerate, covered, until chilled, about 1 hour.