Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A low-fat, yolk-free, flavorful curried deviled egg recipe that faked my pretty picky father out… except that he watched me make them. ;o)
- 6 hard-boiled egg whites (hard boil 6 eggs, reserve yolks for another use)
- 4 ounces Egg Beaters egg substitute (I used the latter) or 4 ounces pasteurized liquid egg-whites (I used the latter)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash tomato basil garlic seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise (more if you like a thinner mixture)
- 1 teaspoon patak's mild curry paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- paprika, to garnish
- chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Pour Egg Beaters or liquid egg whites into a non-stick skillet, season with onion powder and Mrs. Dash seasoning and cook over medium heat until whites are set, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and roughly chop in food processor.
- Combine mayonnaise, curry paste and lemon juice and stir until well-blended. Add to the chopped egg whites and process until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a sandwich-sized zip lock baggie, remove as much air as possible and seal the top. Cut a 1/2-inch sized corner from the bottom of the baggie to use as a pastry bag. You could also make a cone out of waxed paper and snip the bottom tip of that, but this is my favorite method.
- Squeeze portions of "yoke" mixture into hard-boiled egg white halves. Garnish with paprika and chopped cilantro.