1/1 Photo of Guadalajaran Jalisco Mexican Rice
This is an old family recipe passed down from my best friend's mother, who grew up on a ranch in Guadalajara, Mexico.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Process tomato with water until pureed and smooth.
- 2Rinse rice in a strainer under cold water until it runs clear- about 1 1/2 minutes. Shake to remove excess water.
- 3Heat oil over medium-high heat in heavy skillet about 2 minutes. Cook onion and garlic until golden.
- 4Add rice and fry, stirring until light golden, about 4 minutes.
- 5Stir in tomato water mixture. Crumble bouillon and sprinkle over rice and water in pan.
- 6Increase heat to medium high, and bring to a boil.
- 7Cover pan and cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 10-15 minutes, stirring and checking rice often. Add more water if necessary, but rice is usually done before it sticks to the pan.
- 8Stir in cilantro, mix in lime juice and adjust salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guadalajaran Jalisco Mexican Rice
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 652.1
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 503.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 9.5 g