Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The only way to serve guacamole. Be sure to mix lime juice right away to prevent the avocado from browning. I also put the pit in the middle of the dish - some say it prevents the avocado from browning, too. I only use Haas avocados. Be sure they are soft to the touch, but not mushy.
- 4 avocados, Haas
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 -2 lime, juice of, fresh and squeezed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 -3 drops hot sauce (optional)
- Slice avocados, remove pit (save one).
- In a medium bowl, mash avocados and add juice of 1 lime.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Taste, may need to add more lime juice or salt.
- Put pit in middle of dip.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour or two to combine flavors - taste again and adjust seasoning.