Tangy Delicious Guacamole
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Get a small, tightly sealable container (large enough to accomodate 2 or 3 cups).
- Roll the lime against a counter or hard surface to soften and juice into the container and remove any seeds.
- Add all other ingredients except avocados.
- Cover container and shake vigorously to incorporate.
- Allow to chill for a bit to blend flavors.
- Before serving, mash avocados with the mixture with a fork.
- Stir to blend thoroughly.
- Place a layer of plastic wrap directly over the surface of the guacamole, eliminating as much air as possible.
- Cover container and chill for about 1/2 hour before serving (more flavor blending).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious! I changed a few things though. I omitted the scallions and used 1/2 cup drained canned diced tomatoes which I had in my pantry. I added all ingredients at once into a food processor and pulsed until I got the desired consistency, then refrigerated to blend flavors. One more tip - if not serving right away (same day), place an avocado pit in the guacamole until time to serve. This helps prevent browning.
Made as written, this is A Really Good Guacamole! I used a med. red onion and 3 large cloves of garlic. Covered and placed it the fridge for 1 hour to blend flavors. Tasted it then. I discovered that it needed more lime juice & added the juice of 1 more. (my limes were small & I guess 1 wasn't enough) I then added 1/2 Tsp. more cummin and 1 Tbl. minced Cilantro from my garden. These additions made a Really Good Guacamole perfect and a keeper recipe for us. Added it to my favorite folder. Thank you very much for this keeper.