Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An interesting and unusual salad using the ingredients for guacamole in a very different manner. The red-tinged dressing is fresh, herbal and slightly spicy. From the LCBO magazine.
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 4 cups torn escarole
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut tomatoes in half and remove seeds.
- Brush with oil and place cut-side-up on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Add jalapeño pepper to tray and continue to bake until browned or until semi-dried, about 1 hour.
- Remove seeds from jalapeño and dice.
- Dice tomatoes.
- Reserve, separately.
- Place lettuce on platter.
- Toss with avocados, red onion and tomatoes.
- Place roasted red pepper, jalapeño, lime juice, garlic, sugar, Tabasco and olive oil in food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Toss salad with dressing and sprinkle with coriander.