Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This recipe came from Mexico and given to me by a neighbor friend whose husband is from Mexico and they both lived there for a while before coming here to the USA. This is the way that his mother made Guacamole.
Top Review by KennKonn
This is another wonder recipe from Mimi ( I have made your gingerbreadmen). This is my first attempt at guacamole and you can't get any simpler and tasty. I did add a little more jalepeno and a little lemon juice because I made it early this morning for supper. Even my dad tried it after telling me he doesnt like avacados. Thanks again!
- 2 large ripe avocados (scooped out and mashed)
- 1 medium onion (diced very small)
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes (diced small)
- 1 teaspoon parsley (optional)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (diced small)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel avacados and scoop out the center and mash.
- Add the diced tomato, onion, and peppers.
- Add the salt to taste; avacados are bland and will take a fair amount of salt, so keep tasing as you go (if you don't get enough salt, it will be tasteless).
- Also, I add a little pepper juice to it and that will perk up the heat, too.
- When it is all mixed, I add a little milk or a tad or sour cream to keep it from getting brown.
- NOTE: I have a jar of pickled jalapenos and they work well also and keep longer, but you will have to use several slices to make up for 2 peppers.