Recipe by StreetChef
Our family favourite guac. Makes a small batch for 2 - if doubling use 2-3 avocados and double all other ingredients. Serve with taco chips or on 1/4" slices of jicama for a great appetizer.
- 1 avocado
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch southwest seasoning (optional) or 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, seeded & chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the avocado in 1/2 lengthwise around the pit.
- Separate, remove pit and while still in the shell score each half with a knife into small squares.
- Remove avocado from shell and place in a bowl.
- Add lime juice and salt and mash with a fork to desired consistency. I like to leave some small chunks.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.