- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pickled jalapeno chili, seeded and minced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve and pit the avocados and scoop the flesh into a bowl.
- Mash the avocados coarse with a fork; stir in remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Guacamole may be made 2 hours in advance, its surface covered with plastic wrap, and chilled.