Recipe by COOKGIRl
Lousiana is after all, only a hop, skip and a jump away from Mexico...My little invention.
Top Review by Sharon123
Delicious! I loved all the veggies and it was just right! I halved the recipe and ate the whole thing scooped up with potato chips! Thanks for a great lunch! Yum! Made for the French forums Paprika-herb of the month!
- 2 avocados
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lemon, juice of, to taste
- 2 -3 tablespoons full fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons organic celery & leaves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh curly-leaf parsley, finely minced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons red bell peppers, finely minced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons yellow onions, peeled and finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely minced
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco jalapeno sauce (depends on how hot you want the guacamole) or 1⁄2 teaspoon tabasco habanero sauce, to taste (depends on how hot you want the guacamole)
- salt, to taste
- green onion
- parsley sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- To avoid turning brown, using the tines of a fork, mash the avocado with the lemon juice immediately after cutting. Combine all ingredients in non-reactive bowl and stir well.
- Cover well and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 3 hours. Season to taste with salt and adjust other sesasonings if necessary.
- Garnish with cayenne, sliced scallions and a parsley sprig.
- Guacamole is best eaten the same day it is prepared.