This vegetarian East and West Africa sauce is full of protein. Tastes great served with rice or chapatis. The recipe came from the cookbook "Vegetarian Cooking Around the World.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and 1/4 cup water and stir to make a paste. Set aside.
- 2In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat for 1 minute then add the onions and saute until transparent.
- 3Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes and then add the eggplant and cook for 5 more minutes.
- 4Add the peanut butter and water mixture to the tomato mixture and stir well.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, or until eggplant is tender.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Groundnut Sauce (From East and West Africa)
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.0
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 154.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 10.2 g