Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I threw this together last night and was really pleased with the results.
- 1 lb turkey
- 4 garlic cloves
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small potato
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 yellow squash
- 10 baby carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 6 -8 slices white American cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- garkic and mixed herbs (to season)
- mix minced garlic salt and pepper into meat.
- roll into small balls and place on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- layer onions sliced thin.
- layer potatoes sliced thin.
- layer carrots and squash sliced thin.
- layer cheese slices or omit them
- cover evenly with diced tomatoes and sprinkle garlic and herb mix on top.
- cover and bake at 350 for one hour.
- uncover sprinkle on parmesan and recover cook another 30 minutes.
- let rest and serve!
This was different for us. I think I would leave out the potato next time, season the turkey a little more and brown the meatballs before baking the casserole. Thanks for posting the recipe.
I followed the recipe but replaced diced tomatoes with ROTEL spicy diced tomatoes and flavored with some Cajun seasoning. As a result, I really enjoyed the result and it was easy.