Mexican Ground Turkey Casserole
photo by Kelley52
- Ready In:
1 13x9 pan
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown turkey in olive oil with onions and garlic.
- In a large bowl, mix browned turkey with next 6 ingredients.
- Place in casserole dish and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a great weeknight supper! This would also be great for OAMC. I really liked the idea that this was not just another enchilada recipe. I did add beans too and I just placed the meat mixture over the rice and baked it. I served mine with homemade fresh salsa, guacamole salad, and flour tortillas. My husband likes his Mexican dishes spicy so he added Valentina hot sauce. This recipe is a keeper, thank you so much K.!
Big hit with hubby. I followed the suggestions of the previous reviewers: halved the rice, reduced the cheese, added black beans, doubled the salsa, topped with fresh cilantro.. Totally forgot the 1/4 c. of sour cream. Next time (and there will definitely be a next time), I'll do it all the same way (but add the sour cream and go back to the original cheese quantity).
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook and bake.