With the Corn, Black Beans and Cheddar Cheese, this resembles Tex-Mex, Add jalapenos or green chiles if you like, very versatile. We have lots of elk in our freezer and I'm trying to come up with recipes to use it up. I hope you like it!
- 1 lb ground elk (or Venison, Beef, Buffalo)
- 1 cup onion, diced small (about 1 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced small (about 1/2 a pepper)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry elbow macaroni, prepare according to pkg. al dente
- 1 quart diced tomato, home canned if you have it
- 1 (15 ounce) can kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, Drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a Large dutch oven Brown Elk, onion, garlic and green pepper in your skillet with 1 tablespoons Olive Oil until fully cooked. Drain the meat mixture and rinse with hot water, this helps remove any "game" taste your meat may have.
- Return to your pot and season with salt and pepper. Add in the tomatoes, corn, beans, cooked pasta, and chili powder. Mix well.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes until cheese is melted and it's hot through.