Tex-Mex Beef Stew
This is great for chili lovers. If you like it spicy, you can use diced tomatoes with zesty jalapenos. Then just garnish with sour cream and lime wedges.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground dried ancho chile powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Mix flour, 1/4 t. cumin, 1/4 t. salt and chile powder; toss with beef.
- Coat large pot with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook, turning until browned. Remove meat from pot.
- To same pot, add onion and green pepper. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Stir in beer, scraping up bits from pan bottom. Stir in tomatoes with juice and remaining cumin. Return meat to pot. Cover; cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 1 hour, 30 minutes.
- Add corn; cook, uncovered, until beef is tender and sauce has thickened, 30-45 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro, lime juce and remaining 1/4 t. salt. Garnish with cilantro.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION