Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 cups red kidney beans
- 1⁄2 large red pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 26 ounces aunt millie traditional spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fry pepper, onion and celery in olive oil until tender.
- Add ground chicken and garlic and cook until browned.
- Add kidney beans, sauce, chili powder and crushed pepper and cook until heated through.
I loved this recipe! I didn't have celery or red pepper, o I used banana peppers nd green onions as well as the yellow onions. I also added cumin ,a can ofdiced tomatoes, and some other spices because I am not a fan of ground chicken. It made a great chili!
I had about a half pound of ground chicken in the freezer that I needed to use and thought this recipe looked good! I didn't have celery and I used a green pepper instead of a red one. I made a few other tweaks- my husband doesn't like really spicy food, so I only added 2 tsp. of chili powder and about a half tsp. of red pepper flakes. Also after tasting it, it seemed a bit tart so I added a lump of brown sugar. With my modifications, this was scrumptious! We ate it over brown rice.
This turned out fairly well for my family dinner tonight. I didn't have any celery on hand, so substituted zucchini. While it tasted good, I find that ground chicken tends to smell a little funky even after cooking. That's not the fault of the recipe though.