Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is the best way to have chili, I'll never go back to kidney beans again, the black beans make it so much better! The spice mix I used was Kittencals-Chili-Seasoning-Mix-210744. The only difference was that I used chipotle chili powder in place of the cayenne.
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 14 ounces black beans
- 3 tablespoons chili seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Brown the chicken and when it's nearly done, add the chopped onion and green pepper.
- Add the seasoning mix and stir well.
- Sautee for 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours.
5 Stars all the way! LOVED IT! Followed the recipe as is and it turned out fabulous! I served it over brown rice and we gobbled it up AND went back for more! THANKS Marissa for posting!