Recipe by Deantini
A quick and easy every day meal. Can be frozen with good result. Yoghurt can be substituted with sour cream
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
Pure comfort food. We loved this dish. The potatoes were a breeze to slice with my mandolin and I didn't bother to peel them, only scrubbed them really well. I used low-fat sour cream because I have a ton of it in the fridge and the cheddar was a combination of orange and white. Made for ZWT8
- 1 1⁄3 lbs white potatoes, peeled, sliced thinly
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 ounces tomato paste (1/2 can)
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat yogurt, strained to obtain sour cream consistency
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- boil potatoes in salted water for 10 min, remove.
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- brown beef; season with thyme, oregano, garlic, salt & pepper.
- add onions and green pepper and stir until softened.
- add tomato paste.
- in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan assemble dish:.
- potatoes + beef mix + potatoes +yoghurt/sour cream + cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minute.
- serve with crusty bread and a salad.