Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Can be made ahead and put into freezer for future use.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1⁄2 lb cubed cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup stuffed green olive (optional)
- Saute chopped onion and green pepper in melted butter or margarine.
- Add ground beef, brown it and add seasonings.
- Mix together in a bowl ketchup, tomato juice, sugar and worcestershire sauce.
- Add to beef mixture.
- Cook spaghetti, rinse in water, then mix in cheese and olives.
- In a greased casserole dish, put spaghetti mixture on bottom and meat mixture on top.
- Bake in 325 degree oven about 35 minutes.
I made this and it came out great. My family loved it and it was very easy. Can't wait to try it again
Casserole has a very good flavor and it is easy to be made.After the ground beef is browned ,the fat needs to be drained. I used 16 oz. of spaghetti and 1 Tablespoon of fresh thyme. I did not have olives on hand.With a salad,it makes a great meal.