Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a hearty, good soup. Adapted from Quick Cooking.
Make and share this Ground Beef Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 7 cups water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope au jus mix
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion, celery and carrot over medium heat and drain.
- Add the water, au jus mix, bouillon, bay leaves and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the noodles and return to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Discard bay leaves before serving.
I made this last night, I needed a quick dinner and this fit the bill. The only change I made was to add some frozen corn. This was quick and tasty. This paired with garlic breadsticks, it was a filling and satisfying dinner. Thanks!