Recipe by walinda_matrice
A more healthful, more tangy alternative to beef chili.
Top Review by Burned Toast
This was an easy dinner to put together. It did not take any time at all! I had most of the ingredients except for the ground turkey and the canned beans. No substitutions were made, but I only used 28 oz of tomatoes because I had 14 oz cans on hand. I did not think it needed more at all. In fact, I would personally prefer 14 oz of tomatoes, but that is my own taste. My kids liked this as it was, but my husband and I dumped more chili powder on our portions. Once I did that, it was delicious! Thanks for a low fat, quick meal!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomatoes, diced, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans or 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup green chili salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder