Recipe by breezermom
This is a great recipe to use up all those vegetables that are coming in from the garden about now. Plus, I love to grill, and this just makes it easier to make a complete meal on the grill. These are also good in a pita with garlic mayo or tzatziki sauce! **Prep time does not include the time to get the grill ready for grilling!
Top Review by WiGal
Loved it! Love veggies on the grill, plus easy peasy. Served this with rice and recipe#427053. Thank you breezermom for sharing. Made for an Unrulies by an Unruly during ZWT6 while touring Greece.
- 4 zucchini
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 large vidalia onion (sweet onion)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the ends off the zucchini. Cut them in half lengthwise and then cut them into quarters.
- Trim, core, and stem the red bell peppers. Cut them into four equal parts from top down.
- Peel the onion and lay it on its side. Cut it inot 1/4 to 1/2 inch circles, being careful to keep the concentric layers in place.
- Place the zucchini, onions, and bell peppers in a shallow baking sheet. Combine the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and drizzle over the vegetables. Sprinkle the chopped garlic, basil, and oregano over the top. Add the Cavendar's Greek Seasoning to taste.
- Place the vegetables on a hot grill with tongs. (If you'd like you can use a grilling basket to keep from losing any of the vegetables through the grill!).
- Cook on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes (or until they are marked) over a medium hot grill. Brush the vegetables with any remaining oil/vinegar mix when you turn them.
- Serve hot or cold!