Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
A friend of mine works at a fancy restaurant and gave me this recipe. Measurements are approximate - adjust to your wishes - cooking time includes cutting and dressing preparation. I've made this a couple of times and love it - touch of sweet, salty, spicy and sour - yum.
- For the fig dressing soak the figs in a small amount of boiling water to soften.
- Place figs into a food processor with desired amount of balsamic vinegar (you can taste it as you go) and blend until smooth - I used a bit of the soaking water, too.
- Place into a storage container until use.
- Grill both sides of 1" thick rounds of watermelon (do not remove rind until after it has been grilled) on a medium to hot oiled barbecue just until charred.
- Cool and refrigerate - I found several hours to be best.
- Cut watermelon (remove rind) and tomatoes into bite sized pieces as desired.
- Plate up or keep as one big salad as you wish.
- Put radish sprouts on top.
- Dress with the fig-balsamic vinegar mixture then with olive oil.
- Garnish with feta cheese and freshly cracked black pepper.