Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
This has lots of flavor. The spreads are optional. Giardiniera is Italian Pickled Vegetables, A collection of mixed pickled vegetables consist of carrots, cauliflower, celery, onions, peppers, olives with spices.
- 1 loaf ciabatta, toasted on grill
- 4 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper, quartered
- 1 onion, sliced thick
- 1 zucchini, sliced into four long strips
- 1 portabella mushroom
- 4 -6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- pesto sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup giardiniera (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, added to a blender to make a paste (optional)
- Marinate the red pepper, onion, zucchini, and the portabella mushroom in the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning mixture for 1 hour then grill on med high heat till softened and browned about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Slice the peppers into slices, separate the onions into rings, slice the portabella mushrooms.
- Spread the roasted garlic on one side of the toasted bread.
- Spread your option of Pesto and or giardeniera spread.
- Layer the veggies and cheese.
- Place top on and enjoy.
this is fabulous. i actually like a veggie sandwich! *shock* Couple of small changes, I love panini's so made it on my panini grill, both the inside and outside were toasty then and the cheese well melted. Definitely a keeper.
This was great. I had never heard of ciabatta until today and had to go in search of a recipe. I used Tish's recipe #29253 for the bread machine. I cut my veggies up before marinating and grilling. I have a little indoor electric grill that I used, so I didn't need to worry about my veggies falling through the grates or anything. I grilled probably about 15 minutes, because I like mine cooked a little extra. DH and I together gobbled this up in no time.
I lovvee condiment sandwiches (as my family calls them because they have no meat) and I love this one allot! The flavors are very bold because of the marinade and grilling; note that I grilled alittle longer then required. Then the ciabatta, there is no more of a perfect bread then ciabatta. It all came together great, and I can't wait to make another sandwich for myself! Thanks!