Grilled Italian Sausage Veggies in Foil
This makes a fantastic summer meal with minimal clean-up. With the abundance of fresh vegetables, this is a meal itself served with garlic bread. The okra pods and mushrooms are both listed as optional. You may add one or both or leave them out.
- Ready In:
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium summer squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1⁄2 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 6 -10 okra pods, steam cut off, cut into 1 inch lengths (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, quartered (optional)
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- Place the sausages in a small amount of water and bring to a boil; boil for 3 to 4 minutes or until they are no longer pink; remove from water and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix together the vegetables, oil and seasonings.
- Tear 2 sheets of foil (10x10inch), divide the prepared vegetables among the foil sheets, slice the sausages into 1 inch lengths and place on top.
- Season each packet with salt and pepper to taste, bring foil up to center and fold over several times, sealing well; fold in ends and seal.
- Preheat grill, place packets on grill and cook 10 minutes, turn over and cook an additional 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I used the pre-cook method on the sausage package, which is to bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. I just thought that sounded better than the boiling, plus there was less watching for me to do. I also did just the peppers and onions, but since I was doubling the recipe, I used the listed amounts of oil and seasonings. It was perfect. I think next time I'll throw in some red peppers for color.2Reply