Recipe by chia
please use fresh herbs for this quick weeknight recipe. if you need to use dried, reduce the amount by 1/3.prep time includes marinating.
Top Review by Kimke
This was really nice. I am not a fan of mayo but have had some herbed aioli at restaurants so thought I would try it. I did add a bit of extra garlic to the aioli to kill the mayo taste but the marinade was very nice and we loved it.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tuna steaks (about 6-7 oz each)
Directions See How It's Made
- whisk together the first 6 ingredients for marinade.
- put mayo in a small bowl, add 2 tbsp of marinade, stir in, set aside.
- sprinkle tuna with salt& pepper, pour marinade over, turning to coat both sides, and marinate for 1 hr heat grill to medium high.
- grill tuna 3-5 minutes per side for medium.
- serve topped with aioli.