Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another Sam's Seafood Grill Adaptation of The Way Summer Should Taste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (white wine)
- 1 tablespoon tamarind pulp
- 1⁄2 tablespoon shallot, diced super fine
- 1⁄2 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 cup oil (pecan oil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (Alaea Hawaiian )
- 1 dash peppercorn, ground fine (pink)
- 1 large onion, sliced 1/2-inch thick (Texas 1015)
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar, reduced to 1 1/2 tablespoons (12 year old)
- 6 cups spinach
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1 teaspoon artificial sweetener, if desired (agave syrup)
- DRESSING: Place the tomato paste, dijon mustard, tamarind pulp, shallot, and vinegar together in a mixing bowl, whisk well until incorporated. Slowly add the oil a drop at a time at first and then in a slow but steady stream until it is all incorporated. Add the Alean salt and pink pepper. If too tart, cut with 1 teaspoon of Agave sweetner. Can be kept in the refrigerator for 1 week.
- ONIONS: Peel and slice one large Texas 1015 onion enough so that you can handle the slices and they will not fall apart when you cook them. Rub them with a little olive oil and grill them over med/high heat until soft. Toss in a bowl with reduced balsamic vinegar so that the slices become single rings. These will keep refrigerated 2 to 3 days.
- Saute diced pancetta until crisp, remove and drain.
- SALAD: Wash and dry one handful (about 1 cup) spinach for each portion and toss with enough dressing to coat each leaf, don't over-dress the salad. Arrange the onions over the salad, top with pancetta and serve on chilled plates.