Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This chicken is so tasty and easy to fix. I always add extra pineapples for my youngest grand daughter. She is such a picky eater but she will eat 2 large servings of the S & S Chicken and rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup chow mein noodles
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- Cut four 18x12-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil; spray with cooking spray.
- On one side of each foil piece, place 1 chicken breast.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon sweet-and-sour sauce and one-fourth of the pineapple, bell pepper and onion.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Fold foil over chicken and vegetables so edges meet.
- Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again.
- Allow space on sides for heat expansion.
- When grill is heated, place packets on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill over medium coals; cover grill.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes, rotating packets 1/2 turn after 10 minutes, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
- Place packets on plates.
- Cut large X across top of each packet; fold back foil.
- Top with chow mein noodles.