Grilled Vegetable Packets
photo by CountryLady
- Ready In:
- 2 cups fresh corn (cut/shaved from the cob)
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 -10 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon lemon pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided (or to taste)
- In a large bowl, mix all veggies and spices together (except butter).
- Put the veggies on 2 (12x12-inch) pieces of heavy foil.
- Dot each with 2 Tbsp butter.
- Bring ends of foil together, twist to seal(Can poke small holes in the TOP part ONLY! if desired, but is not necessary).
- Grill packets over hot coals for 15-20 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Serve hot -- delicious!.
- **NOTE** olive oil may be replaced for the butter, but the taste won't be as good!.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This side dish couldn't have been easier to whip up. Just back from a Girl's Weekend and this was the veggie dish for last night's dinner. It got rave reviews and we made a lovely frittata with the leftovers. Everyone asked for the recipe. No lemon pepper so I squeezed the juice of half a lemon over the mixture and we all loved it.
Perfect as a side to any grilled entree! Since you can easily substitute other veggies, its very flexible enabling you to clear out the crisper. I used yellow pepper instead of green, leek instead of onion, frozen corn - also added a couple of asparagus spears. I was very liberal with the lemon pepper, tossed with 1 tbsp olive oil but added 1 tbsp butter to the packet. After 15 mins on the grill, they were tender/crisp. Thanx Kitten for another repeater!