Grilled Veggie Packet
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Mix together all the vegetables in a large bowl.
- Take two pieces of double layered heavy duty foil (18-inches square) and lay one on top of the other.
- Put the vegetables in the center of the foil.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients; drizzle over the vegetables.
- Fold the foil around and over the vegetables and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, turning once.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great combination of vegetables. Rather than foil, I used 2 aluminum containers clipped together with fold-back clips... then it's easier to check vegys during cooking. I did find I needed to drain some of the vegy liquid though. I enjoyed the dressing & I like the idea of adding balsamic vinegar for a different variation. Tasty recipe, thanks for sharing.
We loved these grilled veggies. The dressing was awesome with the flavor of the basil and oregano. I turned the packet more than once because I was afraid it was going to burn on the bottom. I think our grill was hotter than medium setting. Took about 45 minutes for the vegetables to get tender--probably because I kept opening the packet to check on them. Had a lot of fun with this one and will make again.