Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Fast, easy, grilled lunch or dinner.
- 4 slices crusty bread, 1 inch thick
- 2 ounces blue cheese, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 small red onions, sliced into wedges
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless beef breakfast steak, thinly cut
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, halved
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- fresh basil (optional)
- Toast bread on grill over medium heat on both sides; top with a wedge of the bleu cheese and set aside,.
- Brush onion wedges with oil and grill 1 or 2 minutes per side; move to indirect side of grill.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper; grill 4 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vinaigrette in a blender; process 1/3 of the onions, vinegar, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; while still running add remaining oil.
- Arrange romaine leaves on serving plates; top with steak, remaining grilled onions, and bleu cheese toast.
- Sprinkle with basil, pass vinaigrette.