Grilled Steak and Onion Salad With Bleu Cheese Toast
- Toast bread on grill over medium heat on both sides; top with a wedge of the bleu cheese and set aside,.
- Brush onion wedges with oil and grill 1 or 2 minutes per side; move to indirect side of grill.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper; grill 4 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vinaigrette in a blender; process 1/3 of the onions, vinegar, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; while still running add remaining oil.
- Arrange romaine leaves on serving plates; top with steak, remaining grilled onions, and bleu cheese toast.
- Sprinkle with basil, pass vinaigrette.