Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
The same marinade works with other meaty fish, or shrimp, and the sauce is grand even with plain rice. Recipe from the Quick and Easy Vietnemese Cook Book. Cook time does not include MARINATING time.
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml coarsley chopped fresh ginger
- 14.79 ml garlic
- 14.79 ml chopped shallots or 14.79 ml onion
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2 thick salmon fillets or 2 tuna, halibut or 2 other meaty fish
- 59.14 ml fish sauce
- 44.37 ml freshly squeezed lime juice or 44.37 ml white vinegar
- 29.58 ml water
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 0 chili-garlic sauce or 0 hot sauce
- 14.79 ml thinly sliced green onion
- To marinate fish, in a medium bowl, combine the oil, ginger, garlic, shallots, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir to dissolve the sugar and mix everything well. Place the salmon fillets in the bowl and turn to coat with the marinade. Cover and set aside for 20 to 30 minutes, or cover and refreigerate for up to 1 day.
- To prepare the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl(last 6 ingredients on the list above).
- Stir to dissovle the sugar and mix everything well. Place on the serving platter you will use for the fish.
- To cook the fish, build a hot charcoal fire, preheat a gas grill, or preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the fish steaks carefully on the grill and grill for about 5 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking, or bake about 15 minutes. transfer to the serving platter alongside the Chili-lime sauce and serve hot or warm.