Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This delicious recipe came from Cooking Light magazine.
- 4 tomatoes, about 1/2 pound
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 poblano chiles
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- fresh thyme (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Place first 4 ingredients on a broiler pan and broil 10 minutes or until tomatoes are tender and onion is slightly blackened.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Core tomatoes, discard cores.
- Coarsely chop tomatoes, peppers, chiles, and onion; place in a bowl.
- Add cilantro, oil, salt, and black pepper; toss gently.
- Prepare grill.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a grill rack.
- Grill 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Top with about 2 Tbs.
- salsa; garnish with thyme, if desired.
- Yields 6 servings.
We really enjoyed the fresh tomato salsa/salmon (one of our favourite fish) combination. We can't buy fresh Jalapenos or Poblano chillies where we live, so substituted pickled Jalapenos and a Thai Bird's Eye Chilli. Worked well for us.