Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy delectable grilled prawns! My friends look forward to this dish when we have our get together every quarter.
- 1 kg giant prawns, butterflied
- 1 cup Sprite, 7up soda
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 whole garlic, mashed
- salt and pepper
- Clean prawns and butterfly (Slit the back open).
- Put in a rectangular pan, single layer.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic. let rest 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Pour the 7up on the prawns.
- Let marinate for 2 hours.
- Grill while preparing the basting sauce.
- In a bowl, combine butter, the remaining marinade with garlic.
- Brush on prawns while you grill.
Wow! seafood at its best! Ate it al fresco with friends! Love the garlic butter flavor!