Grilled Pork Burgers Indochine
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill with a cover, or preheat a gas grill to medium high.
- For the Dressing: combine the mayonnaise, basil, cilantro, green onions, and lime juice in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- For the Patties: combine the fish sauce, jaggery, and chili sauce in a medium bowl. Add the pork, peanut butter, ginger, garlic, and star anise and blend loosely with a fork. Form into 6 equal patties the approximate dimensions of the rolls, making a slight depression in the middle of the patties to compensate for the tendency to bulge during cooking.
- Brush the grill rack with oil. Grill the patties with the grill top closed for 4 minutes. Turn and grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the patties registers 160 degrees F, about 4 minutes longer.
- During the last 2 minutes of grilling the patties, place the rolls, cut side down, on the grill to toast.
- To assemble the burgers: spread the roll bottoms with a thin layer of dressing, followed by a lettuce leaf. Add the patties and top with generous dollops of the dressing. Add the roll tops.