Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wow, what a great way to grill on a nice afternoon! This takes burgers to a new level! From BHG.
Make and share this Grilled Porcini Mushroom Burgers With Tomato Relish recipe from Food.com.
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms or 1 ounce thinly sliced and cooked button mushroom
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 purchased thick focaccia bread, wedges (or use hamburger buns)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded asiago cheese or 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 medium yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped olive (green and/or black)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place mushrooms in a small bowl; cover with boiling water.
- Let soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain, rinse well, and chop.
- Set aside.
- Combine chopped porcini mushrooms, ground beef, basil, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Shape into 6 patties about 3/4-inch thick.
- Brush patties with olive oil.
- Place burger patties on the lightly oiled rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat.
- Grill for 14 to 18 minutes, turning burgers once halfway through grilling.
- Place focaccia wedges on the grill rack; grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted.
- Remove burgers and focaccia from grill.
- Place each burger on a wedge of focaccia; sprinkle immediately with cheese.
- Spoon Tomato Relish on top.
- Makes 6 burgers.
- Or use hamburger buns and grill.
- Tomato Relish: In a medium mixing bowl stir together 1/2 of a medium yellow tomato, chopped, 1/2 of a medium red tomato, chopped; 1 cup cut-up cherry tomatoes, 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion, 1 tbls.
- chopped olives (green or black) 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tbls.
- balsamic vinegar, 1/4 tsp.
- coarse salt, and 1/4 tsp.
- freshly ground pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Makes about 2-1/2 cups.