Wow, what a great way to grill on a nice afternoon! This takes burgers to a new level! From BHG.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms or 1 ounce thinly sliced and cooked button mushroom
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 purchased thick focaccia bread, wedges (or use hamburger buns)
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese or 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1Place mushrooms in a small bowl; cover with boiling water.
- 2Let soak for 10 minutes.
- 3Drain, rinse well, and chop.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Combine chopped porcini mushrooms, ground beef, basil, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Shape into 6 patties about 3/4-inch thick.
- 8Brush patties with olive oil.
- 9Place burger patties on the lightly oiled rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat.
- 10Grill for 14 to 18 minutes, turning burgers once halfway through grilling.
- 11Place focaccia wedges on the grill rack; grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted.
- 12Remove burgers and focaccia from grill.
- 13Place each burger on a wedge of focaccia; sprinkle immediately with cheese.
- 14Spoon Tomato Relish on top.
- 15Makes 6 burgers.
- 16Or use hamburger buns and grill.
- 17Tomato Relish: In a medium mixing bowl stir together 1/2 of a medium yellow tomato, chopped, 1/2 of a medium red tomato, chopped; 1 cup cut-up cherry tomatoes, 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion, 1 tbls.
- 18chopped olives (green or black) 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tbls.
- 19balsamic vinegar, 1/4 tsp.
- 20coarse salt, and 1/4 tsp.
- 21freshly ground pepper.
- 22Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 23Makes about 2-1/2 cups.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Porcini Mushroom Burgers With Tomato Relish
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.7
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 796.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 31.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: