1/2 Photos of Grilled Pita Salad
Fix this with your barbecued meat and you have a great meal, straight from the grill. This goes great with Grilled Mediterranean Cornish Hens. From Woman's Day magazine, 1999.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Red Wine Vinaigrette(or 1/4 cup bottled redwine vinaigrette)
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 44.37 ml red wine or 44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- 29.58 ml lemons or 29.58 ml lime juice
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 2 clove garlic
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1Mix bottled red wine vinaigrette in a bowl or make your own dressing: Whisk oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, cloves, sugar, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- 2Stir in tomatoes, cucumber and onion.
- 3Grill pitas 4 to 6 inches from heat source 2 to 4 minutes, turning once, until lightly toasted.
- 4Let cool slightly; tear in bite-size pieces into salad.
- 5Toss salad and sprinkle feta cheese over all, if using.
- 6Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pita Salad
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.5
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 830.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: