Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Grilling fruit rocks!
Make and share this Grilled Peaches With Pound Cake & Ginger Creme Fraiche recipe from Food.com.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup thick creme fraiche
- vegetable oil, for greasing the grill
- 3 ripe but firm peaches or 3 nectarines, halved and pitted
- 6 slices butter pound cake (1 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- Heat a gas grill to high, covered, and when it’s hot, turn it to medium (this will get the grates sufficiently heated).
- Whisk the sugar into the crème fraîche until smooth.
- Brush the cut sides of each peach half and both sides of the pound cake slices liberally with the melted butter. Grill the peaches cut side down, uncovered, until lightly caramelized, 1 to 2 minute Transfer them to a platter and cover with foil. Grill the pound cake slices on both sides until nicely toasted, about 3 minute total.
- Cut each peach half into slices. Top each slice of pound cake with the sliced peaches. Spoon the crème fraîche over the peaches and scatter the crystallized ginger on top.
- Serve warm.