Found this recipe printed in a flyer at the market and I had fun with it adding things here and there. I give a list of suggestions for which vegetables to use as well as two different condiment spreads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf fresh panini bread, sliced
- 4 ounces swiss cheese or 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, slices
- 3 sprigs of fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley or 3 sprigs fresh lovage
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 medium red bell peppers or 1 medium yellow bell peppers or 1 medium orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 small summer squash
- 2 portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, stems removed and chopped finely (NOT dried basil)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon greek dried oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh Greek oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced and roasted if desired
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed fennel seed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1Cut 8 slices of the panini bread.
- 2Prepare the marinade. Set aside.
- 3In small bowl prepare the basil dressing or Dijon mustard and mix well. The condiments can be made several hours in advance.
- 4Slice the vegetables into uniform sizes.
- 5Marinate the veggies in a shallow pan for an hour. Drain off the marinade and then grill the vegetables on each side for about 4-5 minutes, until tender yet crisp.
- 6Spread one side of each sandwich slice with your choice of spread. Add the vegetables, next place 1 ounce of cheese and the parsley or lovage. Butter lightly the top and bottom of sandwich. Press down carefully on the sandwich and toast on grilll. Cut in half and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Panini Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (2038 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 632.1
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.0 mg
- Sodium 965.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 20.6 g