Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
This chicken has a wonderful flavor and the citrus makes it nice and tender. Plan ahead, because it does need to marinade 1-2 hours. We enjoy using the leftover chicken on top of mixed green salads. Prep time does not include maridading. Grilling time is estimated.
Top Review by PaulaG
Fresh orange juice is a must! The chicken was in the marinade for about 3 hours. The end result was moist, flavorful chicken. It was served on a bed a wild a brown rice with Recipe #109418.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh orange sections
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed is best)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (I like to use Mexican Oregano for this)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; seal then lightly shake to mix.
- Add the chicken then turn to coat well.
- Seal and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill uncovered, over medium-hot coals, turning often, 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear.