Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The key to this salsa is that all ingredients are grilled. They don't need to necessarily be grilled on a BBQ grill. In the winter months, if I want some Caribbean flavor, I use my George Foreman or similar countertop grill. The fruit and veggies caramelize beautifully! Serve this on salmon or porkchops. You can also mix it with some BBQ sauce and slow-cook ribs in it.
- 1 mango (in quarters)
- 1⁄2 onion (in quarters)
- 10 sweet peppers (or fire roasted peppers)
- 3 -4 jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- fresh cilantro
- Slice the onion and mango into quarters.
- Cut sweet peppers and jalapeños in half (protect your hands!).
- Place vegetables on the grill. Make sure they get a bit charred so the smoky flavor comes out.
- Place the mango slices on the grill (they should go on last because they get soft quickly).
- Throw all grilled fruit and veggies in a food processor and add the lemon juice and fresh cilantro to taste.
- Pulse until it is chunky, not liquefied.