A recipe from my supermarket. If you want, you can use 2 tablespoon of finely chopped dried tomatoes instead of lemon zest.
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 lemons, zest of or 2 tablespoons dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 (500 g) lobsters, blanched (cooked in salted water for 5 minutes)
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, lemon zest, basil and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Slice lobsters in half lenghwise and break claws. Spread basil mixture over each lobster half on the cut side. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat barbecue to medium-high.
- Place lobster halves, shell-side down, and claws on the oiled barbecue grill. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes, or until the shell is very red and the meat is opaque and easily pulls away from the shell. Cook claws for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- At serving time, sprinkle toasted pine nuts and Romano cheese over lobster and then drizzle with a thin stream of extra virgin olive oil. Serve with rice or risotto and a green salad.