Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another simple dish from the American Diabetes Association that we hope to try soon.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 red chilies, seeded
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 3 ounces button mushrooms
- butter-flavored cooking spray, as needed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- In the bowl of a food processor, place the ginger, garlic, chilies, cumin, cilantro, and oil.
- Process until finely chopped.
- Combine the spice mixture with the cubed lamb and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the broiler or grill.
- Using 8 skewers, place the meat, tomatoes and red pepper on them topping each with a mushroom.
- Spray with cooking spray and broil for 2 minutes per side for medium-rare lamb.
- Sprinkle with salt, if allowed, just before serving.
- Exchanges Per Serving: 5 Lean Protein, 1/2 Carbohydrate (Vegetable).
- Nutrition Facts: 273 calories (37% calories from fat), 36 g protein, 11 g total fat (4.5 g saturated fat), 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 109 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium.