Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These simple grilled lamb chops are served with a relish made with grilled lemons, olives and fresh herbs.
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, cut into 8 slices each and seeded
- 2 tablespoons pitted oil-cured black olives, chopped
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 1⁄2 lbs lamb chops, trimmed and 1 inch thick
- Prepare the grill for direct and indirect cooking.
- Brush the onions with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the onions and lemons on the outside edges of the grill so they don't scorch.
- Grill the lemons, turning once, about 1 minute; the onions 6 to 8.
- Allow the lemons and onions to cool, then chop together until they form a paste; transfer to a bowl.
- To the bowl add: olives, parsley, oregano, garlic, and 6 tablespoons olive oil; season with pepper and stir.
- Rub the lamb chops with oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill chops 5 minutes, turning once, then turn on fatty side for 1 minute and bone side for 1 minute; let rest 2 minutes then serve with relish.
Superb taste of Greece, the relish is just wonderful and I can see lots of uses for it. Quality of the olives is really important I think here. Thank you so much for posting this lovely recipe. Made for ZWT6