Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This may be made on an outdoor or indoor grill or a grill pan ---kosher salami may be used in place of the kielbasa, all amounts may be adjusted to taste,
- 1 lb whole smoked kielbasa
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons bottled horseradish, drained
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pinch garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 head boston lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 2 firm ripe plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 crusty French rolls (about 6 inches long)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set grill to medium heat.
- In a blender or food processor blend the olive oil with the next 7 ingredients until emulsified; toss the lettuce leaves with about HALF of the vinaigrette and reserve the remainder to brush on the buns.
- Grill tops and bottoms of the buns on a lightly oiled grill rack (about 2 minutes per side; transfer cut-sides up to a platter or plate.
- Brush the cut sides of the top halves with remaining vinaigrette.
- On the bottom halves divide/mound the coated lettuce leaves.
- Cut the kielbasa sausage crosswise into 4 long sections, then half each section lenghwise (you may trim off the outside skin before grilling if desired).
- Grill the sausage slices on a lightly oiled grill rack about 3-4 minutes turning over once during cooking.
- Arrange 2 pieces of grilled sausage over the lettuce (2 pieces per sandwich) then top with sliced tomatoes (season the tomatoes with salt and pepper).
- Cover with top half of the rolls.