Grilled Summer Squash and Tomatoes With Angel Hair Pasta
This is so simple and so good. I make this on an indoor grill, but it can be made on an outside grill or in a stovetop grill pan. This is adapted from a recipe in Everyday Food Magazine (#3), and the original recipe is pasta and cheese-less and also includes grilled chicken. Sometimes I also make it that way.
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 small yellow squash or 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 3 medium tomatoes, halved
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package, drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine squash, tomatoes, oil, garlic, salt, basil, and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Heat up grill (medium-high heat if you have temperature control, mine has just the one temperature setting).
- Grill the vegetables 3-5 minutes per side until they are slightly softened and browned (it takes more like 20 minutes total in my grill, so you may really need to experiment with cooking times).
- Remove from grill and allow to cool enough for you to handle.
- Cut the veggies into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss pasta and vegetables together in a large serving bowl.
- Top with cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was fresh and quick. A bit of a hassle to grill the veggies and a bit too much basil. If I were to make it again I’d precut the veg and cook them in a pan and I’d leave out the basil and lemon and just stick with the oil and garlic. I’d also just use regular spaghetti instead of angel hair as a personal preference.Reply