Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe on another web site and decided to make it for dinner last evening. Everyone loved it. Chicken breasts are wrapped around a cheese stuffed jalapeno, then sealed with bacon and grilled. Yummy!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 453.59 g bottle Italian dressing
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 473.18 ml water
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, softened
- 6 slice bacon
- In a sealable bag, pour Italian dressing over chicken and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- Bring a small saucepan water to a boil and add jalapenos.
- Return to a boil and shut off heat allowing jalapeno to seep for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour off water and drain jalapenos on a paper towel.
- Once cool to handle, stuff each jalapeno with cream cheese.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Roll chicken breast around jalapeno peppers.
- Wrap each chicken breast with a slice of bacon.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Prepare the grill, by lightly oiling the grill grate and heating the grill to medium high heat.
- Arrange wrapped chicken breasts on the prepared grill.
- Grill for 20 minutes turning frequently, or until bacon is browned and the chicken juices run clear.
- UPDATE: I tried baking the chicken at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes and it came out very good as well.
I made this for my family for dinner. While it was a little messy to make, it was fairly easy. Next time I will season my chicken a little more before cooking. I let it marinade in zesty Italian dressing over night and my family still felt that the chicken itself didn't have enough flavor. Due to weather I had to bake mine in the oven and it came out nice and juicy.
Great chicken dish! We loved the jalapenos and cream cheese in this. It was simple to make and was a hit at dinner. Thanks Lusil for sharing. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.
This was fabulous and easy to make! My family and I LOVED IT!! I marinated the chicken in some roasted garlic vinaigrette dressing all day, then stuffed with the cheese-filled jalapenos and grilled as directed. I'm so happy that I found this simple, tasty ,and versitile recipe, I will make often...my DH insists! Thanks Lusil for posting!