Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are delicious done on the barbecue!
Make and share this Grilled Italian Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 small zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 large yellow bell peppers or 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 1 1/2 inch wedges
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine basil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and oil; mix well.
- Add zucchini, bell peppers, onion and cherry tomatoes; toss to coat well.
- Cover; chill vegetables, tossing occasionally, for at least 1 hour or for up to 3 hours.
- Prepare grill or preheat broiler.
- Remove vegetables from marinade.
- Reserve marinade remaining in bowl.
- Thread four 12-inch metal skewers alternately with the vegetables, beginning and ending with a cherry tomato.
- Brush vegetables with the reserved marinade.
- Place skewers on grill rack or broiler pan.
- Grill or broil vegetables 5 inches from heat, turning once, until slightly charred and tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Great taste and so easy to make. The red pepper flakes give the vegetables a little zip without being overpowering. I used extra garlic since we like it. I made 2 zucchini, 1 red pepper, 1 onion and a container of mushrooms on a barbecue pan. Next time I will make a bit more marinade since there was none left to reserve. Thanks for a great recipe
I mixed the marinade up in my awesome smoothie machine and it turned out kinda thick so added some chicken stock. With doubling the marinade recipie I ended up with a lttle over a cup of marinade. The veggies I had on hand were zucchini, onions, carrots (steamed those for a few min), cauliflower, and green peppers. Tossed those with 1/4 cup of the marinade and a little extra salt and let sit for about an hour. I also brushed the marinade on a both sides of a portabella. The veggie mix I cooked on the gas grill using a preforated topper until a bit browned and tender. I put the portabella on over medium heat and grille abt 4-5 min per side. I spread a thin layer of crema over the mushroom after it was off the grill. Served with a little baked sweet potatoe topped with 1 tsp of apple butter. Around 350 calories for a fillling dinner and I have veggies left over for at least 3 meals this week. I also have more than a cup of marinade left over.
Tanks for your recipie.
I used the veggies that I had on hand: multicolored mini peppers, cut in half, Asian eggplant, cut in rounds, and zucchini. The marinade was great, we loved the basil. I 'm thinking next time, we might add a bit of baslamic vinegar.