Recipe by Annacia
This tantalizing burger recipe combines ground beef with turkey to lighten the fat load and with fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese it delicious.
Top Review by Nif
We really liked these burgers, especially me! They were a little too healthy for my one son though. ;) I used spaghetti sauce for the tomato sauce and chose fresh basil. I had mine on a multigrain skinny bun and used the dijon, tomato and some lettuce. Made for Went to the Market tag game. Thanks Annacia! :)
- 59.14 ml egg white (or 1 whole egg lightly beaten)
- 158.51 ml chopped onion
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml snipped fresh oregano and basil (or 2 teaspoons dried oregano and or or basil, crushed)
- 59.14 ml tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3.69 ml ground black pepper
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 453.59 g uncooked ground turkey
- 8 kaiser rolls, split (or your favorite buns)
- Dijon mustard, to taste for spreading on the rolls
- 16 slice tomatoes
- fresh oregano (and or or basil sprigs for garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine egg white, onion, Parmesan cheese, the snipped fresh or the dried oregano and/or basil, the tomato sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add ground beef and ground turkey, mix well.
- Shape mixture into eight 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- FOR CHARCOAL GRILL: place patties on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals.
- Grill for 14 to 18 minutes or until no longer pink (165°F), turning once halfway through grilling.
- Toast the rolls on the grill.
- FOR GAS GRILL:
- Heat to medium.
- Place patties, then
- rolls on grill rack over heat.
- Cover and grill as above.
- Serve burgers on toasted rolls with tomato slices and, if desired, additional fresh oregano and/or basil sprigs.