1/2 Photos of Grilled Herb Burgers Lighter Side
This tantalizing burger recipe combines ground beef with turkey to lighten the fat load and with fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese it delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml egg white (or 1 whole egg lightly beaten)
- 158.51 ml chopped onion
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml snipped fresh oregano and basil (or 2 teaspoons dried oregano and or or basil, crushed)
- 59.14 ml tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3.69 ml ground black pepper
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 453.59 g uncooked ground turkey
- 8 kaiser rolls, split (or your favorite buns)
- Dijon mustard, to taste for spreading on the rolls
- 16 slice tomatoes
- fresh oregano (and or or basil sprigs for garnish) (optional)
- 1In a large bowl, combine egg white, onion, Parmesan cheese, the snipped fresh or the dried oregano and/or basil, the tomato sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- 2Add ground beef and ground turkey, mix well.
- 3Shape mixture into eight 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- 4FOR CHARCOAL GRILL: place patties on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals.
- 5Grill for 14 to 18 minutes or until no longer pink (165°F), turning once halfway through grilling.
- 6Toast the rolls on the grill.
- 7FOR GAS GRILL:
- 8Heat to medium.
- 9Place patties, then
- 10rolls on grill rack over heat.
- 11Cover and grill as above.
- 12Serve burgers on toasted rolls with tomato slices and, if desired, additional fresh oregano and/or basil sprigs.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Herb Burgers Lighter Side
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.0
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 676.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 32.0 g